1. Introduction to Emotional Logic Webinar
CPD points approved for pastoral counsellors (CPSC 8 points for introduction and case based sessions). Ministers of religion: (12 points) for the combined training program
Friday 9 April 2021. Time: 8.30-16.30. Introduction workshop Costs R950
Thurs 15 Apr: 08.00 -10.00 Tools website
Personal learning appointment (2 hours) – email a card pattern and a loss sheet of a creative conversation
Thurs 29 Apr: 08.00-10.00 Whirlpool session Cost R1,900Complete the ELDP questionnaire on line (this will give us a sense of your emotional energy pre-learning EL)
- What is Emotional Logic?
- What is Shock? Identify where you feel it in your body
- Identify your Safe places and Safe people; how do you create inner safety when you are in emotional turmoil? Stepping Stones to adjust to change
- Understanding the useful purpose of emotions
- Mapping my own inner emotional world in the unpredictability of Covid-19
- Different bargaining styles
- Whirlpools of emotion: Feeling stuck and learning how to become unstuck
- How can I recover what I have lost?
- Video of a creative conversation using the EL tools
- Complete evaluation form online and submit
- Registration with the EL College and access to “Getting Going” and the online tools site for distance counselling on Zoom
2: Follow up Case Based TrainingThe introduction workshop in Emotional Logic is followed up by three experiential training sessions to integrate theory and practice. Two webinars and a personal learning appointment of 2 hours (six hours of active training) R950. CPSC approved 5 CPD points. Ministers of religion: points
- How to use the EL tools website for remote counselling. Questions and answers. Group webinar: 2 hours 18.30-20.30
- Schedule an individual Zoom session of 2 hours with one of my team of Change Facilitators for a personal learning appointment where we apply the method to a situation in your own life. Homework assignment: Have a creative conversation with someone where you apply the three phases of EL. Record the card pattern online on the tools website. Complete a loss reaction worksheet and assist the person to decide on a SMART recovery plan. Email it to me for a written supervision report. Time of session: 2 hours (between 14 – 30 September)
- 1 Oct: Identifying emotional whirlpools from card patterns and loss reaction worksheets. Discuss examples of different card patterns and loss sheets. Questions and answers. Group webinar: 2 hours 18.30-20.30
I have an online platform with electronic signing in and out capability to ensure compliance of CPD regulations. The case based training is a pre-requisite to enrol for the Foundation Award to become an EL Change Facilitator in your society.
3. Foundation award: Train as a Change Facilitator in society
The aim of learning EL is to start healthy changes by:
- Teaching conversational skills in homes and at work that will reduce stress and improve wellness by establishing hope.
- Preventing common mental illness by personal growth into greater confidence to relate responsively with others as situations change.
- Stabilising and enriching home and family life that a new generation can grow skills to build a strong, adaptive society in a rapidly changing world.
You will receive Coursebooks 1 – 4 electronically and have access to the EL Training College online materials for the Foundation Award 2020. The following themes are covered: 1: Adjusting to change may bring emotional turmoil; 2: Feeling safe with your emotions; 3: Getting to your Growth Cycle to establish new momentum in your life; 4: Feeling stuck and getting unstuck ‒ Learning about ineffective bargaining. You receive four tutorials with me as your personal Tutor, one per course book. Complete the online assignment for each course book for assessment.
Costs of course: R4,400. This is approximately 60 hours of work over a period of three months, done at your own pace. You may request additional personal learning appointments at an extra fee of R500 per hour or R750 per 90 minutes. After completion of this training leg, you can continue your learning curve to become qualified as an Emotional Logic Coach. See the website www.emotionallogiccentre.org.uk for more details.
Start your emotional logic journey:
Banking details: Capitec Savings Account
Name of account: Hold onto Him
Branch code: 470010
Account no: 1557884100
Reference: Use your initials and surname
Email registration form and proof of payment to email@example.com